What is a destination work experience?
We are Travel Lovers and Matchmaking Experts
A destination work experience is for the bold adventure seekers chasing new experiences in a structured and supported way.
It’s a choice to live intentionally, step out of your comfort zone, travel, have fun, try new things – gain life experience. All while earning money to cover the cost of your adventure.
At AdventureEXP, we believe in the power of meaningful travel. We believe in individual potential and how it is empowered when you take that leap of faith and choose to take charge in your own life.
All our programs have four basic cornerstornes
1. They are tangible – we make the connection to employers in destinations throughout the US, get you hired and then faciliate all the logistics of travel and housing.
2. They are affordable – all of our programs are paid opportunities that enable you to actually earn money on your experience.
3. They are supported – we are there when you need us most – coordinate your arrival, onboarding to your new employer and hosting regular excursions.
4. They are credible – you gain interpersonal skills from the overall experience, professional skills from joining a company and technical skills from your job – these are all building blocks for your future.
Our Core Values
An active commitment to fairness, justice and equality in our programs and resources. We design our programs with minimal barriers to entry so all people have the opportunity to travel and grow
The unique ability to persevere in the face of overwhelming adversity. Traveling, living on your own and working in a destination takes courage.
This to us answers the question “why are we here”. At the end of the day we value fun and the potential fun has to pave way for future excellence
Through intentional travel you impact your own life and the lives of those around you. This is power that we treasure and work everyday to cultivate
This is what we are chasing – whether it be financial freedom, emotional freedom or time freedom. We believe this is where we find our joy.
What We Do
Connect People With the Right Jobs For Them
Get Your Job Postings & Company Info Out to the World
Career Advice & Travel Resources
Free Resume Feedback & Connect with Employers
How long is the experience?
Whether you are looking to travel to one location for a season or see multiple locations throughout a year, we have the right experience for you. We partner with employers all throughout the US to place Adventurers like you on either a One Season Placement or our Multiple Season Rotation. We set you up with a job so you can work to help offset the cost of your travel regardless of the time of year. Check out our programs here to see your options. Choose your adventure!
I'm interested in a job. How does the process work?
AdventureEXP makes Destination Work Experience in the US attainable by simplifying the process and supporting you through every step of the way.
1. Explore your options and submit an application – easiest 5 minutes of your day!
2. Sign our Program Terms & Conditions and get enrolled in our Hiring Portal
3. Meet with employers – interview and find the right experience for you
4. Once you're hired we handle all of your experience logistics – you book your travel, we secure your housing and plan your onboarding with your employer
5. We're available during your experience – stay in touch with your personal Adventure Guide for anything and everything you need
6. Join our alumni network and apply to be an On-Site Coordinator for future experiences – you'll work part-time for AdventureEXP while working for another employer. Sounds cool, right?
Can I do this on my gap year?
We are happy to work with gap year students on their program that are looking for a more independent experience where they will work and live in a destination in the US. It’s important to understand that the experience of a high school graduate and a young professional will be different in the jobs you will be eligible for on the program. Check out Our Programs to learn more about typical jobs on our program.
How old do I have to be to participate through AdventureEXP?
While our diverse program types cater to people in all stages of life, the minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
I am interested in a program. How do I pick the right one for me?
What types of jobs will I be offered?
We primarily work with employers in seasonal areas of the country so the available jobs do depend on the time of year you are traveling. A few of our most popular positions are in hospitality, food and beverage, and retail. Review Our Programs and Apply Today to speak with your personal Adventure Guide and review available positions.
- Hotel/Resort Worker
- Food and Beverage - Barista, Bartender, Server
- Grocery Store worker
- Retail/Apparel Associate
- Kitchen - Chef/Prep
Review Our Programs and Apply Today to speak with your personal Adventure Guide and review available positions.
I'm an employer. How can I find the right candidates for my open positions?
AdventureEXP partners with universities, professional societies, community centers and much much more. Submit your interest to showcase the positions you need and we’ll offer your positions to our candidate pool. Once we learn your business, we facilitate the hiring and on-boarding process through AdventureEXP.
I have completed my program. What do I do now?
AdventureEXP is here to help you along your career path. Whether you need help deciding your next steps, writing your resume or just want to share your experience – we are here to help!
1. Sign up for your 1:1 Career Coaching session to update your professional portfolio (resume, LinkedIn, etc.)
2. Apply to be an On-Site coordinator for a future AdventureEXP placement
3. Join our network of Adventure Alumni
4. Share your experience on social media and tag us @aexp_travel