Step out of your comfort zone
Traveling and working takes courage. Take the leap of faith to discover yourself and the world around you. we're here to guide you.
We'll Be There Every Step of the way
We simplify your experience by handling all the logistics of getting you hired, organizing the travel to your destination and securing your housing. Follow our 6 easy steps and you’ll be on your way to traveling, having fun and getting paid.
Spend less time on our application and more time dreaming up your perfect experience – we’re here to help!
Start Here - Explore Your Options
We partner with employers in all 50 states to offer you a location and job that match what you are looking for. Since our specific employer needs are always changing, we list sample jobs and current recruiting locations for your exploration.
We keep it simple – tell us about your background, interests in a destination work experience then pay your program deposit of only $85 to secure your spot on the program
the easiest 5 minutes of your day!
Now that you have completed your basic application and paid your deposit, you are well on your way! One of our experienced Adventure Guides will be reaching out to you to get you enrolled in our hiring portal.
Now you’ll submit the following documents:
- 2 Personal References
- Letter of Intent
Your Adventure Guide is here to guide you – ask them all the questions you have!
Our team will follow up with you on next steps and help answer all the questions you have as you’re exploring your options.
Now that you’ve been enrolled, we will start sending you positions that match your profile. You tell us which ones you want to pursue!
In the meantime, your Adventure Guide will prepare you for your interview(s) and update your resume in our proven-template.
Your Adventure Guide is your personal contact with AdventureEXP – don’t hesitate to reach out for anything and everything!
Important Information on this Step
This step takes the longest because we’re finding you the right placement for your experience and that takes time! Because our partner employers have seasonal needs, depending on the time you submit your application will affect how quickly you move through this step.
Expect to have multiple interviews.
You will have a secured placement at least 4 weeks before your departure.
We will stay in touch with you weekly with new positions and all of our travel resources.
It’s happening! All your hard work is paying off!
- Your Adventure Guide will coordinate your travel itinerary with you –driving or flying – we’ve got you covered!
- You will meet your Career Coach who will be supporting you during and after your experience
- We will plan your onboarding with your new employer and communicate all position-specific information to you
Check out our Travel Tips and Pre-Departure Resources here.
Your housing will be secured and you’ll meet the people joining you at your destination work experience.
Our Adventure Guides have all traveled around the US for long-periods and have endless tips & tricks to help you have the best experience!
During Your Program
Our philosophy is in simplifying the logistics of realizing your dream to live on your own in a cool place. Then we make it affordable (and a net financial gain) while you’re there with meaningful work. Through AdventureEXP, our support doesn’t stop there!
- Airport pick-up / meet at your destination
- Check-in to housing
- Experience Orientation
- Assistance with onboarding at your new employer
- Regular professional development sessions with your Career Coach
- Local excursions
- Emergency Support – we’re there when you need us most.
Stay in Touch With Us
Our programs are customizable because we understand that everyone’s situation is different.
Call/text your Adventure Guide about specific support you need and how AdventureEXP can help you pursue this destination work experience.
Our Core Values
Courage | Social Equity |Fun | Impact | Freedom
After Your Program
You did it! You moved out on your own and gained life experience!
It's important to remember that coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
- Work with your AdventureEXP Career Coach to use your experience as a tool for future success in your career (it’s included in your program fee)
- Interested in another destination work experience? Apply to be an On-Site Program Coordinator and work for AdventureEXP part-time supporting other Adventurers while having another experience of your own
- Share your story with us – we need your feedback to make our future experiences even better
What is an On-Site Program Coordinator
For those Adventurers that want to have another destination work experience, apply to be an On-Site Program Coordinator and you will work part-time for AdventureEXP while working full-time for another employer in your desired location. You will support the other Adventurers in that location during your experience and represent AdventureEXP
- Discounted program fee (only pay for housing)
- Paid weekly work from AdventureEXP
- Host excursions of your choice for your cohort of Adventurers
- Take a leadership role in helping others grow like you did on your experience
How long is the experience?
Whether you are looking to travel to one location for a season or see multiple locations throughout a year, we have the right experience for you. We partner with employers all throughout the US to place Adventurers like you on either a One Season Placement or our Two Season Rotation. We set you up with a job so you can work to help offset the cost of your travel. Check out our programs here to see your options. Choose your adventure!
How old do I have to be to participate through AdventureEXP?
While our diverse program types cater to people in all stages of life, the minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
I'm interested in a job. How does the process work?
AdventureEXP makes Destination Work Experience in the US attainable by simplifying the process and supporting you through every step of the way.
1. Explore your options and submit an application – easiest 5 minutes of your day!
2. Pay your deposit and get enrolled in our Hiring Portal
3. Meet with employers – interview and find the right experience for you
4. Once you’re hired we handle all of your experience logistics – book your travel, secure your housing and plan your onboarding with your employer
5. We’re available during your experience – stay in touch with your personal Adventure Guide for anything and everything you need
6. Join our alumni network and apply to be an On-Site Coordinator for future experiences – you’ll work part-time for AdventureEXP while working for another employer. Sounds cool, right?
What types of jobs will I be offered?
We primarily work with employers in seasonal areas of the country so the available jobs do depend on the time of year you are traveling. A few of our most popular positions are:
- Hotel/Resort Worker
- Food and Beverage – Barista, Bartender, Server
- Grocery Store worker
- Retail/Apparel Associate
- Kitchen – Chef/Prep
Review Our Programs and Apply Today to speak with your personal Adventure Guide and review available positions.
I am interested in a program. How do I pick the right one for me?
It is important to start with what is most important to you. Are you traveling with a group of friends? Interested in a specific destination? How long do you want to have on your Destination Work Experience? Submit your Application then participate in a 1:1 advising session to explore your options
I'm an employer. How can I find the right candidates for my open positions?
AdventureEXP partners with universities, professional societies, community centers and much much more to find the best & brightest for your hiring needs. Submit your interest to showcase the positions you need help hiring and we’ll offer your positions to our ever-growing candidate pool. Once we learn your business and understand your needs, we facilitate the hiring and on-boarding process for all Adventurers to join your organization for their Destination Work Program through AdventureEXP.
I have completed my program. What do I do now?
AdventureEXP is here to help you along your career path. Whether you need help deciding your next steps, putting your experience on your resume or just want to share your experience – we are here to help! We help people be the best version of themselves through life experiences, empowerment and support.
1. Sign up for your 1:1 Career Coaching session to update your professional portfolio (resume, LinkedIn, etc.)
2. Apply to be an On-Site coordinator for a future AdventureEXP placement
3. Join our network of Adventure Alumni
4. Share your experience on social media and tag us @aexp_travel