Consider the details of your Job Offer as you are planning your upcoming Adventure. Figure out what expenses you have in addition to your ‘life’ expenses while on your Adventure…
We estimated the expected monthly expenses for you:
Local Transportation: ~$50
Click on the Calculator below to compare cost of living in your destination city with your hometown
Click on the Budgeting Tool below to create your program budget and make sure you found the right job for your savings goals
AdventureEXP does not provide insurance coverage during your program.
If you are on your parents’ insurance plan, be sure you understand the requirements of maintaining coverage if you are taking any amount of time off from college or earning an income
Employers through AdventureEXP offer their own health benefits that you may be eligible for depending on the employer, your program length and position.
Be sure to bring up your current insurance coverage in your 1:1 Advising Session with your AdventureEXP Adventure Guide
Choose Your Adventure
Consider how long you are interested in participating in a working adventure. Employers plan their business needs around your program length and expect you to stay through your Adventure End Date. Each of our programs offer different professional working experiences. Are you looking to grow your career or are you looking to try a job that sounds fun in a cool area? Maybe both!
- Seasonal Travel and Work – 2-6 months
- Internship – 6-12 months
- Professional Rotation – 12-24 months
Location in the US
Depending on the time of year you decide to travel and work, some locations around the US may be hiring more Adventurers. Ask yourself, “What activities do I want to do during my Adventure?”
No one place is better than any other, it depends on you and what experience you want.
- Your work-life during your working gap year will be a big piece of your overall experience – think about what you want that experience to be like
- Think about your current skill set and what skills you are hoping to gain during your Adventure
- All positions are guaranteed a minimum of 35 hours per week to ensure you get enough professional exposure and can cover the cost of living during your adventure through AdventureEXP
How long are you comfortable being away from home? Pick the length of program that fits into your school schedule and other goals:
- Seasonal travel – typical start dates are in November/December and May/June although we have programs that start all throughout the year
- We offer working gap year programs from 2 months to 2 years – do you need a summer internship or want to take a year off school to get some experience in your major?
Think about your Adventure location and what amenities you want to have nearby. We work with employers all across the US.
- Urban – live near downtown and all the city fun you can dream of
- Remote locations – off the beaten path in national parks and small communities (beach, mountains, forests)
- Suburban – live near (but not too near) all the excitement that cities have to offer
- Rural – out in the country
Being comfortable in your housing is an important piece in your overall success and happiness during your Adventure
Housing options are for you to decide the experience you want to have. No one choice is better than another