Hospitality Internship in Galapagos Islands
Live and work on Santa Cruz Island in the Galapagos
- Gain valuable work experience in a luxury resort
- Immerse in this unique natural environment and local culture
- Enjoy language immersion in a bilingual working environment
- Thrive as you live sustainably on your own
- Up-close encounters with animal species found nowhere else in the world
- Housing and Transportation to/from internship
- Personalized rotational internship plan
- Travel Assistance and in-country support
- Access to virtual career coaching
- Spanish language immersion
- Personal growth and professional skill development
- Summer Internship | March 31st, 2022
Your Program Cost:
- Program Fee: $3,885
- Additional out-of-pocket expenses
Experience Life in the Galapagos Islands
Our rotational hospitality internship program takes you to the iconic vacation destination of the Galapagos Islands, located in the Pacific Ocean just off the coast of Ecuador! You’ll work during the week to gain professional skills in leadership, Spanish language, customer service and so much more. On your time off, you can participate in our group excursions and explore the natural wonder of the Galapagos.
Intern at a local luxury resort on Santa Cruz Island in various hospitality departments including Food and Beverage (Front of House and Back of House), Rooms Division, Front Office and/or Guest Services. You will be shadowing industry professionals to learn how the hospitality industry operates in one of the most desirable tourist destinations in the world, the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. It’s an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in a bilingual work environment with international clients.
Sound like your dream come true? Submit your application now to start your adventure!
We’re Here For You
The ideal apprenticeship candidate is interested in holistic personal development and an independent travel experience with available in-person and virtual support
Sound like your dream come true? Submit your application today to start your adventure and experience a truly unique hands-on program in The Galapagos Islands
Dates / Seasons:
Our programs run during the Summer and we accept applications on a rolling basis.
- Summer: June 15th 2023
Program Length: 8-12 weeks
Galapagos Islands Hospitality Internship Program Details
You’ll work 6 hours a day, 5 days a week in various positions based on your specific interests, experience level and the business needs of the facility. Work may not always be directly related to your future degree or career, but you’ll gain valuable and transferable skills in customer service, time management, self-advocacy and problem-solving on the fly.
Once we connect you with a position that fits your experience and interests, we support you throughout the entirety of the program. We get you settled into your new home away from home by setting you up with housing accommodations and group excursions to learn about the local culture, history and natural wonder of the Galapagos. We’ve got your back every step of the way!
What’s Included In Your Program Fee:
- Placement and supervision
- Housing – an apartment within reasonable distance to internship location
- Transportation to/from internship location
- Medical and Accident Insurance
- Bicycle (most common way to travel around the island) and a Snorkel Kit
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- On-site support
- Welcome meal & farewell meal
- In-country flight from Guayaquil to Santa Cruz, Galapagos Islands
- Airport pick-up service
- Local Excursions
What’s NOT Included in Your Program Fee (including estimated cost):
- International Flight (~ $900 round-trip to/from Guayaquil)
- Passport ($145)
- Immunizations ($30)
- Food/Groceries ($750)
- Miscellaneous/Personal Expense (~ $600)
You’ll live in a furnished 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment within a reasonable distance to your internship location with access to Wifi, and close to local attractions and grocery store.
You are responsible to book a flight to arrive in Guayaquil, Ecuador within the agreed dates set by AdventureEXP. AdventureEXP will organize flights from Guayaquil to Santa Cruz Island. For in-country excursions organized by AdventureEXP, travel will be secured on your behalf. Daily transportation will be the resort walking/biking/taxi. A shuttle to/from the internship location and Puerto Ayora will operate daily, and will pick-up/drop-off within safe walking distance of housing.
On-site Program Coordinator
AdventureEXP’s in-country team will assist with arrivals and airport pick-up in Guayaquil and Santa Cruz and provide in-person support throughout the full length of the experience
Once accepted into the program, you should expect to rotate between all available positions based on your interests, experience and the needs of the facility. These rotations help provide you with a comprehensive set of personal and professional skills and a deep understanding of how the entire organization operates. This is an unpaid internship.
On every Adventure EXP program, we plan day trips and excursions to help you get acquainted with the destination and add value to your travel experience. All of these excursions are provided at no cost to you and are included in your Galapagos Hospitality Internship Program Fee.